Colombia in its 1991 Constitution recognizes explicitly and directly the right to food, this is recognized and applicable only to specific population categories:
- A balanced diet is a fundamental right of children (Article 44).
- During pregnancy and postpartum, women enjoy special assistance and protection from the state, and they receive a food subsidy if she is unemployed or homeless (Article 43).
- The State guarantees senior citizens a food subsidy in case of poverty and destitution (Article 46).
FNS legal and institutional framework in Colombia
- The right to food in Colombia
- FNS governance scheme and policy articulation in Colombia
- Sectoral laws in Colombia
- Program list
- List of policies, plans and strategies
- FNS legislation list
- Policy monitoring
Relates to the way that people obtain food, both physically and economically, be it trade, self-production, access to markets, income increase due to programs and other social protection instruments, and direct food aid
Inflación interanual general y alimentaria
Refers to the provision, supply or stock of food, i.e. it relates to the "supply", food production, production infrastructure, inputs and food production chains, and national and international net trade.
It's the influence of food quality on the nutritional status of individuals and their health. This includes hygiene; sanitation; quality and food safety; nutritional information; and the way the body uses the nutrients.
Tasa (%) de obesidad (IMC>=30) en adultos (+18 años)
It's the consolidation of the other three dimensions of food and nutrition security over time, ie "for everyone at all times." Thus, it considers the capacity to react to unforeseen political, economic and social crisis and natural disasters that may change the conditions of the other dimensions, creating risk and vulnerability.
Contribución (%) de emisiones por sectores de la economía, 2010