Policies, plans and strategies related to FNS with the "Production" category
Showing policies, plans and strategies: 1 to 10 of 86.
Antigua and Barbuda
Presenta los lineamientos a seguir del Plan de Acción del Reto Hambre Cero, en aras de eliminar el hambre y la extrema pobreza en Antigua y Barbuda en un periodo de dos años. Ello implica los siguientes resultados esperados:
- Acceso del 100% a una alimentación adecuada durante todo el año;
- Cero niños(a) menores de dos años con problemas de desarrollo, no más malnutrición en el embarazo y en los primeros años;
- Todos los sistemas alimentarios son sostenibles;
- 100% de crecimiento en la productividad de pequeños agricultores y en sus ingresos;
- Cero pérdidas o desperdicio de alimentos.
Antigua and Barbuda
It is an instrument that comprises a series of interrelated elements including production, post-harvest, marketing, support services and infrastructure strengthening. Phase I focuses on harvesting, livestock, Phase II and Phase III in fishing.
The Plan mentions 16 priority crops, which are: onion, carrot, tomato, pepper, cabbage, eggplant, sweet potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, cucumber, squash, pumpkin, melon, potatoes, cassava, corn, pineapple, fruits, herbs and spices, peppers, sorrel. It also establishes that the projects mentioned below will be carried out:
- Restoration and improvement of five agricultural depots: These will be repaired and modernized to accommodate activities that create and validate environmentally friendly technologies. These activities include the management and conservation of genetic resources and introduction, evaluation and conservation of germplasm. This will benefit farmers, technicians and country.
- Expansion and modernization of the Central Marketing Corporation: This project seeks to improve the quality and range of product handling and marketing facilities available to farmers. This implies greater storage (including a modern warehouse for seeds), training and promotion.
- Improve the facilities of the Central Commercialization Corporation: This is related to post-harvest infrastructure, packaging and storage, as well as commercialization and distribution systems.
- Establishment of a functional system for safe and healthy food: It will expand and modernize the laboratory that is in Dunbars. Once carried out, it will have the ability to test and monitor the quality of food, to determine if they have pesticide residues and perform various analysis.
The system also includes the kitchen and all implements which are necessary for preparing lunches for the National School Meals Program.
This National Plan for Good Living is a macro policy of the Ecuadorian State, in which sectoral policies and government programs are developed. It presents continuity with the National Plan for Good Living 2009-2013, featuring 12 national objectives that include policies and strategies for each of them, plus an investment plan and a national territorial strategy to adapt national Objective and policies to territories. The revolutions stated in this this roadmap are in regard to: equity, comprehensive development, the Cultural Revolution, the Urban Revolution, the Agrarian Revolution and the Revolution of Knowledge.
It is a coordinated strategy from the Ministries of the Social Sector: Health, Economic and Social Inclusion, Education, Agriculture and Housing, which seeks to eradicate chronic malnutrition in children and anemia in children under one year until 2015; and reduce by 50% the prevalence of anemia in children under five years until 2013, in the affected population. This Strategy operates within 27 counties that have the highest rate of chronic child malnutrition, located mainly in indigenous rural areas of the mountain areas in the provinces of Chimborazo, Bolivar, Cotopaxi, Canar, Tungurahua and Imbabura. It also operates in Manabi which is located on the coast, and the cities of Quito, Guayaquil and Manta.
It is an Inclusion and Social Welfare Strategy of national scope, which aims to ensure food security and nutrition of 7.01 million Mexicans which currently live in extreme poverty and seeks to contribute to the full exercise of their right to food.
It draws from principles of coordination between different agencies of the Federal Public Administration and through partnerships with civil society and the private sector. It consists of a multi-year basis, it has short-, medium- and long-term objectives in order to assess achievements and identify opportunities, and take precepts of accountability, transparency and responsibility.
El Plan Nacional de Seguridad Alimentaria y Nutricional implementa la Política Nacional de Seguridad Alimentaria, es el principal instrumento de planificación, gestión y ejecución de la Política. Integra decenas de acciones centradas en la producción, el fortalecimiento de la agricultura familiar, el abastecimiento alimenticio y la promoción de una alimentación saludable y adecuada.
The "Plano Brasil Sem Miseria" was created to support the 16 million people that still live in extreme poverty and have not been able to enroll in current social programs like "Bolsa Familia", much less have access to essential services such as water, electricity, education, health and housing. The Plan seeks to support these people, identifying, delivering social assistance, helping them seek other forms of income and improve their living conditions. To accomplish this, the Plan is preparing a Poverty Map in the country and a National Opportunity Map, in order to identify the most efficient for people aforementioned to improve their living conditions means.
The reality of the Brazilian countryside and cities have different faces and needs, therefore Brasil Sem Miseria has national and regional actions based on three axes: income guarantee, productive inclusion and access to public services. The Plan delivers cash transfers, access to public services (education, health, welfare, sanitation and electricity, and productive inclusion. All operate by a set of programs and initiatives that include the most vulnerable population in the opportunities generated by strong economic growth Brazilian.
In the field, the main objective is to increase farmer’s production through guidance and technical support, supply of inputs and water. The following are the main strategies of the Plan in rural areas:
- Technical assistance: The most vulnerable farmers will have continued and individualized accompaniment by professional teams. The Brazilian Agricultural Research Corporation will introduce technologies appropriate to each family and thereby increase their production.
- Development and seeds: The Plan supports families in extreme poverty in food production and marketing of production. Each family will receive the amount of US $ 1,000, payable in biannual installments over two years to purchase inputs and equipment.
- Program Water for All: It seeks to benefit 750 thousand families with the construction of tanks and collective simplified systems; equally they will benefit from water systems for production.
- Market access: This is the framework for the Programa de Aquisição de Alimentos (PAA), through which the Federal Government buys production to donate to charity entities or for the formation of stocks.
- Purchase production: Extension of public procurement for hospitals, universities, prisons, kindergartens and also for the private supply network, such as supermarkets and restaurants that will be able to sell most vulnerable farmer’s products.
In the city, the main objective is to generate employment and income for the most vulnerable, between 18 and 65 years of age, through professional qualification courses, mediation of employment, and expansion of microcredit policy and incentivize popular economy and solidarity, among other actions of social inclusion that will benefit 2 million people. These include:
- Opportunity Map: The Federal Government, together with the states and municipalities, set up a set of opportunities available in cities to productively include families identified by the map. Thus a more inclusive promotion of economic growth shall be rendered, creating new job opportunities and income.
- Qualification of Labor: The goal is to insert the beneficiaries of the Bolsa Familia in the labor market through training courses in line with economic work in each region.
- Public Intermediation of Labor: It shall be carried out considering all mapped opportunities with public and private companies. They will primarily benefit members of the Bolsa Familia and people between 18 and 65 years.
- Entrepreneurship: The plan will promote the coordination of various government programs, with the aim to create new opportunities for local economic development, expand markets for micro and small businesses, stimulate the formation of cooperative ventures and support micro entrepreneurs, microcredit policies and the solidarity-based economy.
The Agricultural and Livestock Plan 2015-2016 presents the agricultural policy measures considered for the harvest, consolidating the advances contained in the previous plan, and it emphasizes on expanding the availability of resources for agricultural financing. It pays special attention to the costs and marketing of the harvest and strengthening the average rural farmer.
It presents strategic investments for the country to continue increasing production and ensuring the supply of quality food at fair prices, for everyone.
Plano Setorial de Mitigação e de Adaptação às Mudanças Climáticas para a Consolidação de uma Economia de Baixa Emissão de Carbono na Agricultura
El Plan ABC es uno de los planes sectoriales elaborados conforme con el artículo 3° del Decreto N° 7.390/2010, y tiene por finalidad la organización y la planificación de acciones a ser realizadas para la adopción de tecnologías de producción sustentables, seleccionadas con el objetivo de responder a los compromisos de reducir las emisiones de Gases de Efecto Invernadero en el sector agropecuario asumidos por el país. Se encuentra compuesto por siete programas, seis de ellos referentes a tecnologías de mitigación y uno con acciones de adaptación a los cambios climáticos.
Los componentes que se incluyen en el Plan son los que a continuación se señalan:
- Campañas publicitarias y de divulgación: para divulgar los beneficios económicos y ambientales de los componentes que integran el Plan;
- Capacitación de técnicos y de productores rurales;
- Transferencia de tecnología;
- Regularización ambiental;
- Regularización de tierras;
- Asistencia técnica y extensión rural; E
- studios y planificación;
- Investigación, desarrollo e innovación;
- Disponibilidad de inumos;
- Producción de semillas y plántulas forestales; y
- Crédito rural.
Antigua and Barbuda
The policy focuses on the critical situation of Food and Nutrition Security (FSN) in the country, noting that the problems are related to the 4 FNS components: availability, access, utilization and stability. The purpose of these guidelines and policy strategies is to provide a clear direction with respect to the actions that should be carried out by the state government in order to improve the population’s food security. The long-term goal is to achieve food sustainability, nutritional security and eliminate all forms of malnutrition in order to have a well-fed and healthy population that is able to achieve their aspirations for good health and economic prosperity and contribute to the socioeconomic development of the country.
View policies, plans and strategies by category
- Adaptación y mitigación al cambio climático
- Alimentación escolar
- Technical Assistance
- Food Aid
- Food Aid
- Capital físico predial
- Domestic trade
- Compras públicas
- Production conditions
- Sanitary conditions
- Development of production chains
- Desarrollo de exportaciones
- Emergencies and natural resources
- Extension and information on nutrition
- Financing and credit
- Productive infrastructure
- Infraestructura sanitaria
- Insumos productivos
- Investigación y tecnología
- Manejo y conservación de recursos naturales
- Medidas de emergencia
- Labor market and wages
- Políticas sobre tierras
- Regulación sanitaria
- Nutritional Health
- Health and nutrition
- Cash transfers